Dear Arya Bhushan Bhardwa, merely wish to mention that should you in your travels come across an organization using the name Gandhi which would be interested in endorsing a Martin Luther King Jr. awareness revival to motivate the world citizenry to manifest their capability to make US wars for predatory investments in countries made poor by more than a century of colonial military occupation and exploitation, it would be an opportunity for Westerners to re appreciate the Gandhi-King connection in terminating imperialist violence. Cordially, jay janson, email@example.com and http://kingcondemneduswars.blogspot.com/
Very good. Questions for HS Chapter 20: I see that Gandhiji puts the spinning wheel and loom as the solution for most career problems. 1) Do you have a spinning wheel and do you use it? 2) What are your thoughts on it's use? What is the next book we should study?
I am a gandhian scholor & have a deep Knoledge in Gandhian philosphy. Now I am working in Gandhi Research foundation, Jalgaon, Maharashtra. I am editor of Khoj Ganghiji Ki' also. I want to your friend & want to work together, for the piece in the world.
After my 123 days of combined fasting, from April, 2003 thru April, 2004, against the personal income tax (tax slavery), the social security number (slave number) and the property tax (three attributes of slavery in Antiquity), I put off fasting until I could gain more insight on the topic. I've lost some eyesight and gained high blood sugar from those days, I think. Today, I am better connected to Gandhiji's world with teachers and council in India and around the world.
With this in mind, I will be doing a three day fast to begin at 12:00 a.m. Central Time on December 30, 2011 thru 12:01 a.m. on January 2, 2012, in order to pay respect to Ron Paul and to the attention given through his campaign to the concerns of the Tax Honesty Movement, the Occupy Wall Street Movement and the Tea Party Movement in their attempts to overthrow corruption in the United States Government in its support of the central bank and above related issues.
1) I've determined at the very least that my studies in India should come before my law studies in the United States. With this in mind, do I need to start working on Hindi or some other language of India?
2) Is Hindi the main language of india?
3) It is interesting that (free) compulsory education is the 10th Plank of "The Communist Manifesto," and we think so highly of it in the West. I am happy to see that Gandhiji say it as slavery. How are your children educated in India these days?
1) I note on one page that "dhurna" seems quite similar to American ideas of satyagraha, while on the next, I see that Gandhiji open attacked dhurna in Young India. How is it wrong to sit quietly to face down a wrong person?
2) Concerning "poverty," I have taken a vow of "simplicity," which leads naturally to a lack of physical property in my life. I have chosen rather to invest in my education, which cannot be devalued by a central bank, etc. In a circumstance of satyagraha, there appear instances wherein debts call to us to be paid, while our moral calling to civil resistance also calls. How would Gandhiji address this divided mind? Do we pay the debts or utilize civil disobedience? I was raised to pay the debts in my Western thinking before any other consideration, but I often wonder how Gandhiji would instruct someone in the midst of satyagraha?
Thank you Garvin. I was unaware that you had seen "all my questions." I gather that you think I was into "stone throwing and resisting arrest?" Perhaps you are operating from a wrong assumption? I am reading "Hind Swaraj" chapter by chapter, and my teacher is answering my questions, chapter by chapter, here on gandhitopia. Because I am interested, I am reading and also asking questions.
Gene all your questions are of someone who has not read much of Gandhi. If you are truly interested you should READ.
We choke a system by suffering and accepting the consequences of our actions.Throwing stones or shouting slogans and resisting arrest is not Non Violence, It is violence brought on by thoughts of Anger which is the step before hatred.
I have not the slightest doubt that true Satyagraha is the only way.........it is possible you may suffer injury but you must not retaliate. It takes Guts but it works.