Two-day National Seminar on Conflict Resolution and Peace Building in the 21st Century: Lessons
August 8-9, 2019
Gandhi Sandesh Sabha, GITAM School of Gandhian Studies, India.
India is celebrating 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in this year. Gandhi's leadership skills, his indomitable Will to resist colonial power, his teachings and practices etc made him one of the topmost leaders in World Politics. Gandhian techniques and strategies have already been studied by eminent scholars as effective methods of Conflict Resolution. Gene Sharp identified 198 methods of non-violent direct action under three different categories, non-violent protest and persuasion, non-cooperation and non-violent intervention. All the aspects of Gandhi's life, teachings and practices attracted academic attention and interpretations.
The objectives of Two-day National Seminar on 'Conflict Resolution and Peace Building in the 21st Century' are;
1. To identify the significance of Gandhian Philosophy in the 21st Century
2. To understand Gandhian methods and techniques of Conflict Resolution
3. To understand international conflicts and amicable solutions to such problems
4. To analyse the role of Gandhian non-violence in Peace Building and Peace Education
5. To understand the role of Gandhian Constructive Programmes to build a new India.
Add a Comment