In regard to the life and work of Mahatma Gandhi I am a / we are an
About me / us
The Gandhi Foundation exists to spread knowledge and understanding of the life and work of Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948). Our most important aim is to explain and demonstrate the continuing relevance of Gandhi’s insights and actions for all of us in the UK. The Gandhi Foundation promotes:
1. Nonviolence to replace war and aggression
2. Decentralised, egalitarian economic systems such as cooperatives and trusteeships
3. Simple lifestyles that avoid an endless quest for more possessions and superficial experiences. This is essential to preserve the planet’s finite resources and prevent ecological disaster
4. Democratic systems that are decentralised, human-scale, and involve the active participation of everyone
5. Tolerant pluralistic societies. Gandhi regarded different religions and philosophies as each possessing some but not the whole truth
6. Respect for animals and an end to their exploitation by humans
My / our projects, events, campaigns, research, publications
Our annual activities are:
- Multifaith Celebration
- Summer Gathering
- Annual Gathering & Workshop
- Annual Lecture
- Gandhi International Peace Award
Our projects include:
- Education: local and national (UK)
- The Patna Collective (India)
Address and contact details
phone: 0845 313 8419
facebook: The Gandhi Foundation
Our office hours are Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00 (GMT)
Please email us if you would like to be on our mailing list for news and events.
The Gandhi Foundation is a registered UK charity, number 292629
Our registered office is:
London E3 3HJ
"Dear Dr Yogendra Yadav,
Thank you for wanting to join the Gandhi Speakers Network. If you follow this link and create an account, you will then be able to add your details to the network.
Dear Gandhi Foundation,
Wonderful to know that you are organizing a peace event on October 2nd. Please do add your event to www.meetup.com/idnv. We want you to be part of the global campaign to observe International Day of Non-Violence all around the world. Thank you!
India Redefined www.indiaredefined-a4c.org the movement which I started last year& got award for ,'The Best Humanitarian Initiative of the Year
has started three different projects- "I Care", " Educate India", "Develop Your Village".Join & be with me in Redefining India.
India Redefined draws its inspiration from Gandhian Movement which was a revolution focused on independence. It was also about specific actions like non- cooperation by citizens. We are just trying to apply many Gandhiji's principles’ in this era, in this society and during these times. Maybe in a different flavor! Maybe the context is different! Maybe it’s a different world! But the goal is same! He also wanted India a better place to live in.
Thousands of people have joined this movement across the globe but we have only 37 Chapter co-ordinators till now to take on the responsibility, by rotation in different cities of India.It is voluntary work. If you want to suggest anyone's names for Chapter coordinator, then please send me a mail regarding this at email@example.com